Originally Posted by Anonymous
It would be amazing if we could discuss the play of Mid-Atlantic 2024 teams here and let this constant bickering about holdbacks end. As I tell my children when they complain about older players, guest players, bad officiating, etc, you need to play the team and conditions that are in front of you. Club play is not about winning, it is about challenging yourself against the best opponents available so you can become the best lacrosse player you can be.

In the hopes that we can stop beating the poor, dead horse, I looked up the start age for Kindergarten throughout the US (http://ecs.force.com/mbdata/MBQuest2RTanw?rep=KK3Q1802). The majority of states have age cut-offs in late-summer or early fall.

You link just shows that the world of holdbacks/prefirst/reclass players is out of control in the youth ranks. Youth should be age and until that is rectified, you will see constant animosity over only letting select children play down and get an advantage others exact same age dont.

I agree with your thoughts, it is just many dont and actually play down to do exact opposite of what you think.