Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just wow.
Research the word humility.......at least for your son's sake.

Humility has nothing to do with it. My son’s recruitment prospects are not an issue, as he’s already been recruited and does need to play. He wants to play because he loves his HS buddies and the game. I’m not against a the coaches making a few hundred for their time. Our Coach will make over $2000 for a one day tournament charging $175 each with a 25 kid roster with a tournament fee of 1,800. You don’t see a problem with this?

$175 is a lot. Our coach charges the cost of the tournament divided by how many players sign up. They do not take any money for themselves.

You're talking peanuts.

How about $2,000 per player for Summer Team.

How about a Tournament that charges approximately $300 per player? 25 players multiplied by $300 = $7,500 per team..... How many teams? 20 / 25? lets say the numbers are off a little.

For arguments sake lets assume 25 Teams with 22 players each @ $275 per player. Do the math:

275 x 22 = $6,050 per team x 25 teams = $151,250 (that is a conservative estimate)

If it were purely capitalism and a free market venture I would say great. But it is not.

You’re an actual dope. Do whatever you want in the summer, playing for a club. This discussion is about HIGH SCHOOL teams. Completely different conversation. HS coaches should not be making money beyond reasonable expenses off players.
[/quote]

You just made the point... The above illustration is about a public high school program...