Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Was not at game not from either town, have been amused reading the Thread.However, if you want to make a negative comment about a Goalie especially an 8 year old you have problems. Anyone who is willing to stand in the cage at any age should be given Credit no matter what the out come is.

Yes A Goalies' DAD
BOTC agrees. One thing to think about is that eight year olds rarely want to be the goalie unless you have that rare breed individual that thrives in the role. At these younger ages, everyone should get a taste of every field position - including goalie.

Once many parents see their child don the mask and head into the cage, the lesson is quickly learned - and often learned for a lifetime. Think about it.

Thank you from a parent of 2 goalies... one that does thrive and has practiced over the years and one at age 8 that plays because no one else wants to and he does not mind... Never easy watching your kid in goal, especially during tough or close games and despite telling the goalie the loss or win is not owned by them alone, the loss of a game usually hurts much more than it should ,especially in a brave heart...

Even if my boys were not goalies, I always give props to anyone in the cage and will do so for the opposing goalie as well.

Our parents, and players have always been awesome to my older son and I hope to find the same experience with my "new" goalie.

Anyone that blames an 8 year old goalie is ridiculously low.