Originally Posted by Anonymous
GC was unable to provide a lagitimate roster. Why is that? the roster they provided had 16 kids on it and they had 22 kids on that field yesterday, I am a parent of one of the players yesterday, so can someone please explain to me how when a roster is requested by the opposing teams coach, the response is 'um i don't have a correct roster all the kids are not on there" is'nt there some kind of rule about rosters and having them available and correct at games.

I have followed the debate and even spoken to some of the anonymous posters. It is cut and dry. GC had an 8 year old in cage, no older brothers or anything like that. GC is only guilty of having a faulty roster, meaninig they have 4 teams all with age appropriate kids but that the rosters for the individual teams may not reflect the actual kids playing on that team. I am a coach for a PAL team and we had to add a few kids to our roster after we submitted it to PAL. my town only has 40 kids playing so if you have 90-100 I can see this being a real problem. My opinion is that this is sloppy administrative leadership at GC but that's all. Nothing too controversial, no ringers, no older brothers, no win at all costs. From a BOTC perspective it's a little disappointing as there is really nothing to see here, other than the person who claimed there was an older brother in cage should have some accountability.