Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not an expert at all. Just use facts and fugures. You can too. Just go to flg website. Very informative. All the stats you need to make your own informed opinion. I'm not a hater. A realist. Yes. Hey fool. Post what team your kid is on so we all can tell You if your wonderkind deserved the recognition. I'm guessing no. You are just trying to lump yours in with the deserving. Was it 3rd or 4th place at ua? Speaks for itself doesn't it. Be well and congrats to the deserving!!!

"Facts and figures" you are a typical know nothing who looks at box scores of HS games and thinks they know something about the sport. High School statistics are meaningless. Some years Long Island wins the tournament some years they do not but they are always competitive. Great lacrosse is played in several areas around the country. look at this years Division I All-Americans, probably around 25% from Long Island and about 75% from the rest of the country. Long Island has by far the largest concentration of players but there are great players from many areas. Over the years there have been similar complaints but the reality is that in most instances the evaluators select very strong players. There are always going to be a handful of very good players who do not make the cut simply because there are only so many spots available.There are not that many deserving players who do not make the team (maybe 5-10). One of the problems on Long Island is that many parents put a lot of stock in HS Lacrosse, HS awards and HS recognition and the fact that their daughter is going to play college lacrosse. There are approximately "100" 2019 HS Grads going on to play Division I Womens Lacrosse. 10 - 15 of those players are legit high end players and maybe another 5 - 10 who might turn out to be legit. The problem is that many parents believe that because they were All-County or whatever and that they are going to play DI They are just as good as the top players.There is a big difference between the player going to play at BC and the player going to play at BU.

In the end none of it really matters, what matters. This sport provides more opportunity than any other sport. Go compare girls lax to girls soccer on Long Island. I bet there are only about half the number of girls from long island going to play division I soccer with maybe 3 -5 going to a Top 30 caliber program and about 3 -5 who were able to use soccer to get into a top tier academic school.

You say that you are "realist" and not a hater so I will take you at your word. If you want to know where a player really stands just look at the college programs that make / made offers. If the player has offers from Northwestern, Boston College, Maryland and North Carolina and didn't make the UA Team then maybe the evaluators got it wrong. (for 2021's and below I bet the players on the UA teams will receive offers from many of the Top 10 -20 Programs). Parents do not like to hear this but the reality is that the recruiting process will tell the players where they stand.