Originally Posted by Anonymous

Not saying anyone cheated or even did anything deceptive. No disrespect intended, in fact kudos to the #2 team in the event. Most teams did the same thing creating a WSYL-only team. Just pointing out that there are significant drawbacks to doing that. The biggest one being the teams don’t play like true “teams”, like real teams would. If that was a true “team”, in all likelihood they would have won the whole thing.
Whenever someone says no disrespect the intent is definitely to disrespect. You have some great theories but none are based in fact. You claim that this can't be a true "team" but BBL scored 2 goals in the qualifier championship and yet averaged high double digit goals in this tournament and was tied 5-5 heading into the 4th quarter vs the eventual champion who demolished everyone else. Seems like you would need a miracle for that kind of progress with no practice and a team of kids who don't know each other. I know you hope its not true but this is the BBL team you will see for years. Oh, and by the way the top teams in this tournament all want to play each other and not make excuses. Hopefully you can find the right level of competition for your son. Will make things more enjoyable...for all of us.

If what you are saying is accurate, and I’m not saying it is, then BBL has a serious problem with their coaching. BBL was able to beat inferior teams with size alone, playing biggie ball with a 4th grade mentality offense... big guy goes to goal. No ball movement at all. Same thing for every team played, based on parents from the different teams. Never going to beat a good defense or a skilled ball movement offense with that mentality, at this level. Having said that, maybe you can explain to all of us how a pure 7th grade team is 80%+ 5’11” or better. The only team I’ve seen that is comparable size-wise to that team is the Annapolis Hawks team which, as everyone knows, is 80%+ holdbacks. For what it’s worth, that strategy works better for BBL then it does for the Hawks. Hawks are not nearly as good as your boys. Advise: Find a real offensive coach.
Unless you are a coach or player of WP I think we will pass on your advice. Amazing that in an aged based tournament (with verification) you can still try to use the same holdback argument. If you are correct that 80% of the team is 5’11+ (you said 90% in your first post) how could we not play biggie ball? It’s just math. Not possible to pass it to a small kid if you don’t have any. But we all know that is not the case. Going back to facts over myth check out who led the tournament in assists and made first team all tournament. It’s on the WSYL app and he is nowhere near 5’11. I guess he is part of the 20% under 5’ 11 (or 10% in your original post) who was able to somehow survive in the offense you describe. Fact is you are now saying things like “based on parents from the different teams” which clearly indicates you didn’t see this team play. Give it a rest and when your son is on a team that has more success than this we will listen to your sage advice. My guess is that won’t happen anytime soon.

[/quote]

BBL is clearly on this person's head to spends this amount of time obsessing and worrying about us. My guess is that it's killing this person inside that his or her son has not yet reached his growth spurt or is part of a team that is not competitive. I do hope your son hit his puberty soon so maybe you can focus your energy on his development and his team instead. He'll need all the luck in the world based on how you're behaving in these boards. I can only imagine how you treat him after losing a game. This person is probably one of those toxic parents that will move their son from one club to the next. Good luck anyway.