Originally Posted by Anonymous
This years LI UA team is the weakest I've ever seen. None of the better kids are doing it, many have bailed. When kids need to be invited to play on the team without trying out, you know the event has lost prestige. Maverick is still the best event, although that has taken a downturn as well. The most important thing is to play on a top club team, and be a starter. Club coaches are in constant contact with the big time coaches. That's how my son was recruited. Coaches are looking for team players, contributors. It's not all about goals scored, but rather making everyone around you better, and finding ways to win as a team. Be a catalyst. That said, if your kid does not play for a top team, and/or, is going into senior year unrecruited, I would do any event where there will be coaches. Time is ticking. Otherwise UA is a nice way to blow 1000$ and hours of misery on the Belt Pkwy in the hopes of being mentioned by Ty!

What a keyboard warrior you are! Knocking high school kids from your darkened basement. No serious parent of a legitimate college recruit would write a post like yours above. Good luck to the boys art UA.