Originally Posted by Anonymous
This years UA selections have got to be the most bizarre ever. The best talent is not even trying out anymore. Biased coaches pulling more strings than ever behind the scenes. Kids from LI trying out for different regions (thought that wasn’t allowed??) Head coaches picking their sub par sons. What the heck is going on????

Bla Bla Bla... So many delusional parents out there. The best kids make the team. That said, there are only so many spots and some really good players do not make the team. UA should do a Nassau and a Suffolk Team.

Haha, that’s funny, HS Coaches were calling their better players and practically begging them to play for free because the pickings were so slim. Not a top event anymore. Everyone sick of the BS. LI team in big trouble

The real problem is the delusional parents who can not take it when other players receive more recognition, make a team, get ranked ahead of or get recruited by better programs than their child. Many of these parents cry BS and or politics every time. Some have gone to the extent to not even have their kid try out because they are afraid of the kid not making it. You can only make so many excuses. It is not always politics, sometimes your kid is not as good as you think he is. We have some parents on my sons team that absolutely believe that their kid is the best. When the kids do not play well its always someone elses fault. They are extremely critical of every other player on the field but when their kid makes a mistake or plays poorly they make excuses. It's actually funny to listen to them on the sideline. When the team doesn't win these parents are the first to point fingers.

I totally hear what you are saying. You say, "it is not always politics" I agree. But when is it politics; when the coach and parents grew up in the same town and attended the same H.S., when one or several parents are teachers in the particular district, how about a parent is a principal in that district. And I didn't even go down the road, where parents have a friend on the BOE. It isn't as simple as you say it is.

Funny how kids are mysteriously showing up on the UA Highlight roster! What a SS this event is becoming, has lost all credibility. It's pay to play baby!

Are the 2020's who are still in the mix for U19 allowed to play at Under Armor? Would they even go if they were allowed? I would not have my son participate in UA if he were trying out for U19.