Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just to be honest. I am disgruntled after last night's award dinner.
Its the same thing every year. The same coaches patting each other on the back and giving each others kids the top awards.
Riverhead, Coach of the year ! Really, Talk about doing less with more. Two all americans ,and Division 1 recruits at every position including Maryland, Hopkins, Penn State etc. etc etc . 4th place finish and 1 playoff win,, Woopie!

Mt Sinai reign is over yet the coach is still chairman of the AA committee They had a a few too, no surprise there.

Is the list of award winners made public? (web link) or is it permissible to post here? i would like to see the list of winners.

It’s definitely a flawed process. If you don’t play for the “right” HS/club your chances of getting an award are diminished, regardless of talent level. It’s like this every year, some that get top awards absolutely deserve it, some are certainly more questionable. I don’t see change coming anytime soon. Stinks for the deserving kids whose coaches aren’t part of the Good Ole Boys/Girls club.

True that all the top clubs and Schools are well represented, deservingly so. But there is also a phenomenon of parents who have kids playing outside of this competitive grouping, who have over hyped views of their kids. Take any of the top kids from any of the top club teams, they look average on that team. Put them on a club you consider “the wrong club” and they look like gods gift to lacrosse. Same exact thing with “the wrong school” . In fact I would say the exact opposite of what you are saying is true, kids on “wrong teams” stand out alone and absolutely get recognition that a much more talented girl on a stacked team may never get because there are ten kids just as good.