Originally Posted by Anonymous

Guess you didn't get the email from Duke that states "Note: all but one of our six 2020 commits have been to our camps consistently over the last few years."

Which is weird because word on the street is DUKE was one of the main players behind the rule change and the amendment 2018-93-2, I felt/feel like I have to take my daughter to every Duke event if she wants to a chance to attend Duke. Hey in a few months I can find out if it was worth it, it only took three or four events at one school.

[ChillLaxin].

Shallow or repetitive....sorry someone needs to tell the parents because so they can at least be informed. The 21's got screwed and there is no way to fix it. The least we could do is talk to the people taking our money at camp and maybe for four years after that.

Oh please, 2021s were in middle school when the rule changed and were not screwed. If your kid is truly a good player and was being recruited in middle school, she will still be a top recruit on Sept 1st. If your kid does not get as much interest on Sept 1st as she did in middle school because other players passed her by, consider yourself lucky to find this out before making a commitment in 8th or 9th grade. No one is wasting time worrying about 2.5 months except you parents who can't handle waiting to live through your kids and brag/post on social media about all the visits and offers.

I have been through the recruiting process with my kid, and every program does it differently! Maybe Duke relies heavily on their camps, I don't know; but, if you don't like that coach's approach then look at other programs. Most interest my daughter received stemmed from being seen at recruiting tournaments with her club team. She had lots of interest and multiple offers from schools where she never attended a camp or clinic. Many programs like to get to know players at their prospect clinics after expressing interest, and if your daughter is being recruited by that program she will be placed in a group of other girls being recruited and closely evaluated. That situation is worth the money because the girls get a feel for the coaches and their style. Visits in fall and winter during school are best because the recruits have the opportunity to spend time with the team, attend practice, and even spend the night and hang out socially with players. These things are important for players to find the best fit.

Relax, it will all work out.