Originally Posted by Anonymous
The pull up thing is becoming the norm at Chaminade and more so at St Anthony’s is seems. I think some of these kids do go just for lax and the coaches move them up so they don’t leave to play varsity at their district. Just my opinion, no fact.

That statement makes no sense, IMO. First, the player (parents) can decline to be moved up. 2nd, if they move up, most likely less playing time for player than if they stayed with their class. To each their own as to moving up.

One thing is for sure, Chaminade is not moving people for fear of anything. There is enough talent on all three lax teams to worry about a kid leaving over status or playing time. HS is about academics, not lacrosse.

Well, a player rarely turns down the chance to move up. And it's not a comparison to the past, it is the present. Kids are being moved up to keep the parents happy, not all. Again, no fact, just my take. There is more younger kids playing varsity now in the publics than ever. It makes sense that the catholics move the better kids up so they are stuck on a JV a so so team vs playing varsity in their district.

Players just this year turned down offers to move up.
Sorry, really don't buy your theory.
So the parents go to whom to make this request? The varsity coach? The AD? The administration?
And what do the parents say?
"If you don't move little Johnny up to varsity, we are pulling my son out of Chaminade?"
Very unlikely.
And if the school honored these requests, it would just open a huge can of worms.
What is next? Demands for playing time?
Chaminade does not need PIA parents or their tuition money, or the donations or the headaches.
Fairly sure the response from Chaminade would be "adios".