Here is my rant for the week. Nice an early season rankings are great and some say meaningless but when it does matters later you know where Im coming from.

I know early in the season, but power points are already messed up. How can a team an 0-2 team be ahead of a team 1-0.

Do power points matter across the Divs?
Harborfields (1-0, Whitman) and Kings Park should be ranked over BBBP. (0-2, Riverhead and Sachem North) and East Islip (0-2),
Sachem North (1-0) should be over Connetquot (0-1)
and hey he's a shout out to Middle Country (although I hate combined schools, where is a brick and mortar MC anyways) but why isn't Middle Country (2-0) over Whitman (0-2) or Floyd (0-1)

Now points wise why is
Islip 120 and Bay Shore at 119
BBP 117 and East Islip 118 over Riverhead 114
BBP 117 and East Islip 118 over Sachem North 112
Bay Shore just beat East Islip and they were only 1 point ahead of them.

Don't get me started with Smithtown West. yes, you lost to a non conference powerhouse but you lost, you shouldn't start as the #1. Here again is where the points should mean something. Mt Sinia with only 123, you know when Ward Melville comes into the ranking they will be #1 which means they would be more than 122, but as the scrimmage proved should not be ranked higher PP than Mt Sinai.

Now a true actuary will ask why would Ward Melville even come in high with points when their wins would only be against Sachem East and Whitman??

This goes to show many of the preseason ranking was BS and political. And please don't tell me it only matters at the end. I know when it matters, but power points is what gets you into the playoffs. It starts to matter now. In 10 days, next Saturday, 25% of the season is over. Don't blink!