The Ivies are ideal for the very rich and for the very poor, not so ideal for everyone in between, which is where most of us would fall. Been down this road several times and would say some of the early commits seemed like the right choice for many of those who did decide early. But... also saw “the race” every year, that some kids and parents were in to try to commit before everyone else, like it actually had some kind of bearing where their kid stood in the pecking order of player status. I have literally seen kids go visit the first college that showed interest , get an offer and verbally accept. And not the “dream school” that was the plan from years prior, merely trying to be one of the early ones to commit. Here is how I have seen it play out several times... a few schools reach out and make offers, then a few more, and both your eyes and your kids eyes will be opened, every so often by visisting as many schools as possible. I’ve gone from my kid can’t imaging going to any other school after visiting and meeting with coaches with an offer, only to watch them drop that school to second, third on the list after meeting with the next set of coaches at the next school, and then the next. The best advice anyone will ever give you is to go do your due diligence and visit as many schools as possible and meet with as many coaches as possible, it is not a race. When the coach has you targeted they will allow you the time for this process. Luckily with the new common start date for communication, hopefully you will see the race to be the first to commit, out the window (although it is entertaining to watch). What will be interesting is that in the past some programs were notorious for reaching out early, others were firm not to do this and the offers, or would be offers would stretch out over a year or two, but many of the early bidders wanted an answer long before other programs would even consider putting an offer in on such young kids. I don’t think any player ever got the full realm of possibilities layed out for them just because many schools philosophy of recruiting timelines were so different. Now these kids (the very top ones anyway) will basically be able to entertain a mountain of offers all coming in at the same time on opening bell. Good luck and be patient.