Originally Posted by Anonymous
Another factor to think about is the D1 stars usually are majoring in advanced liberal arts women studies or communications because they can't handle the academics. Look on the Ivy rosters even and you will see girls who wasted 4 years playing lacrosse. No one besides lax crazy parents even care about college lax . Let them find the right fit of academics with lacrosse being a student athlete not athlete student.

Some of you really need to get a grip.

Just about all of the young women that I know who have graduated from schools such as Georgetown, Duke, Penn, Virginia, Northwestern, Penn State, Boston College etc... are doing very well.

Find the best fit for your daughter and stop trying to belittle the student athletes that are offered an opportunity to compete at the highest level and attend a great school. When I look at the list of the Top 20 Women's Lacrosse Programs it is hard to believe that the Top Players can't find a "great fit". Several excellent state schools, a couple of Ivy's, Southern, Northeast, Midwest, West Coast, Mid Atlantic etc which are all excellent schools. The top players can select the best fit and if they don't want to play at a top tier program I sure the coaches at the lower tiers will be more than willing to take them and make the finances work. Why do some of you want to knock the best players and the choices they make? Jealousy?

Below is a cut from an article in USNews titled "How Much Is an Ivy League Liberal Arts Degree Worth?" dated September 10, 2018.

"Sometimes what we see of philosophy majors coming out of these strong programs (Ivy), is that they're going into being top-tier banking analysts on Wall Street, or they're becoming intelligence analysts for the government. They're going into these upper-level positions where they can utilize those communication and critical thinking skills," Bardaro says."

There is a good fit for everyone. You sound foolish, bitter and jealous when you try to knock others.