Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Another factor to think about is the D1 stars usually are majoring in advanced liberal arts women studies or communications because they can't handle the academics. Look on the Ivy rosters even and you will see girls who wasted 4 years playing lacrosse. No one besides lax crazy parents even care about college lax . Let them find the right fit of academics with lacrosse being a student athlete not athlete student.

Wasted??? My older daughter is at a top 50 school with a business minor. She did two high level internships and will graduate with a job lined up in finance for a big time company where she will be trained. Don’t underestimate the connections and alumni network. Nobody cares what your major is. Good athletes get good jobs due to their work ethic. Now stop whining and teach your daughter to catch the ball. Can’t stand the notIntelligent jealous posts!

Don't waste your time responding to the jealous haters. The haters have been on this site from the begining trying to tear down any player who is stronger than their daughter. They tear dow the players who go to the Top College Programs, they tear down the players who make Under Armour, they tear down "Division I" as a whole... You will hear the claims of how the player will never see the field, how 50% quit, how they will major in basket weaving, the only reason they were ranked by Inside Lacrosse is because their father is connected, the only reason they were recruited by ND is because of their club director etc... I can not count the times they bring up how D III is the far superior choice. Oh, and they love engineering and nursing... some would have you think that those are the only two majors worth pursuing. News flash many kids have no interest in either. The haters also frown upon coaching as a profession. I love the way they always phrase it : "my daughter chose DIII for the academics" as if DI academics stink. Most go DIII because they do not receive any offers from quality Division I programs.

These haters want us all to believe that if your daughter goes to play Division I she will: ride the bench, quit, transfer, study a meaningless major, waste her time, become a full time summer club coach and generally have very little success in life.

So, the moral of their story is.... You would be crazy to challenge yourself at one of the Top Lacrosse Programs and in many cases one of the Best Universities in the country... There is no way you will have success in life if you choose this route.

BTW... most of their daughters did not receive offers from any of the following...

Current Top 20

1 Boston College
2 North Carolina
3 Maryland
4 Stony Brook
5 Northwestern
6 Florida
7 Syracuse
8 Princeton
9 James Madison
10 Penn State
11 Virginia
12 Penn
13 Colorado
14 Johns Hopkins
15 Duke
16 Denver
17 Loyola
18 USC
19 Georgetown
20 Notre Dame
20 Navy

Throw in :

Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Columbia, Brown, Vanderbilt , Cornell, Dartmouth, Army West Point, Michigan, Bucknell, Colgate, Villanova, Davidson, Binghamton , Holy Cross, William & Mary, Cal Berkley etc.... (sorry if I missed your school)

I suggest you turn away from any of the above schools because there is no way your daughter will be successful if she chooses one of the above...

There is a "Fit" for everyone. Find the best first for your daughter and stop trying to make your daughters decision superior to all others by tearing other people down.