Originally Posted by Anonymous

Maybe if you taught your daughter how to catch the ball, and not turn it over every time it's passed to her. My daughter loves to assist goals, just as much as scoring in fact. In middle school the talent level is too low for this to work, which is why certain girls should not be playing there. Sorry, just the truth.

The flip side being your daughter thinking she is a one-woman show and trying to power through all defenders and turning over the ball. There's no glory there and yet we see it all the time.

You can’t win if you’re not scoring goals. Bottom line. From what I see there are very few teams have enough depth where there is confidence that the ball will be caught and a turnover will not happen. Yea, if you play for Mt Sinai, good passing is a luxury they enjoy, due to how serious the majority of girls take lacrosse, for many other teams/schools, there are only 4-5 girls with that level of talent so the best chance to win means keeping the ball in those girls stick. I know how hard my own daughter works and am also quite aware of the lack of work of the girls whose parents are complaining. That being said, you can’t play by yourself, so I really hope to see some girls step up their effort.

Is this a joke?

Nope, it's the reason why some teams are great, and some aren't. Some HS teams have 10-15 high level commits, where others have 2-3. Not saying every HS player wants to go on and play in college, but it's tough when some girls take the sport very seriously and others could care less. But it's those that don't do anything to get better who complain that nobody passes to them!