Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not sure I get the overrated bit, West and Pequa having arguably 2 of the best FoGo's in the NATION some good poles middies and attack (2 at each spot). I started questioning this and nationally, maybe they are, but no more or less than Ward Melville. I also think St Anthony's is the best team on the island, whether they put it together is a different thing. Best middie is at Chaminade. Best Goalie is at Ward Melville. Best Attack St Anthony's. To many good poles. Best Fogo Chaminade/Smithtown West/Massapequa. Say what you want about Ward Melville, Garden City, Massapequa and Smithtown West, I think the are all have their strengths just different. On any given day each other could beat the other. Goalie play may be the difference. To bad they all don't get the chance to play each other.

I look at these schools
Friars 2 elite attack (best Li attack), 2 elite mids, 2 elite poles (ir?), good fogo, goalie? Depth if they use it
Flyers 2 elite fogos (ir?), 2 elite mids (probably LI best mid), 2 good attack, Good Goalie, poles?? Depth if they use it
Patriots elite Goalie, 2/3 elite poles (ir?), 1 elite attack, 2 good mids, good fogo
Bulls elite fogo (ir?), 2 good attack, 2 good mids, 2 good poles, goalie (rookie of the year?)
Chiefs elite fogo, 2 good attack, 2 good mids, elite pole (ir? Li best), goalie ??

Pretty sure west FOGO ranked #66 with several others ahead of him incuding pequa at #10, not the best in the nation, and will be lucky to ever see the field in college. Would love to see those two go at it! Also would put STA fogo ahed of Cham, see him smoke that "elite" kid many times, the cham fogo is a better field player, should stick to that. Who even is WM fogo who is good? Bulls goalie?

IL player rankings and evaluations are an indicator, but nothing more than that. There are plenty of misses. As far as 2019 FOGOs, in no particular order, the SW, Chaminade and Massapequa seniors are in the top 10 in the nation. Considering 2020 FOGOS, anyone of the following can beat the others on a given day: Chaminade, St As, Brunswick (Crush), SE and WM. All are top players at their position nationally and the St A player is elite, just like the other four. Chaminade is the only school in the nation with two elite FOGOs and their defense will not be a weakness. They will be tough to beat.

Let the games begin!!!