Originally Posted by Anonymous

"You are not probably not getting in with a 1350, and if you do, you have to maintain a GPA at the Ivy to stay there. My point was she needs to develop a work ethic in the classroom to handle the education part of going to college. You know, the reason why you go to college. To get an education."

You are just completely off base. If a college coach from the Ivies has recruited your daughter and or son for a sport and they have scored a 1300 or higher on the SAT and are a relatively good student they are getting in. As far as staying above water once you are there in general it can be done but will not be easy and will depend on your area of study. The question I have is are you better going to an Ivy and being in the bottom half of your graduating class or are you better off going to say ASU/Clemson etc and graduating at the to of your class. I have heard too many people act like just getting a degree from an IVY is a golden ticket to future success when I have seen that is just not the case.

Ok. So the BOTTOM 25% of Ivy's' SAT scores are 1450+. So being a great lax player with a 1350-1450 may or may not get you in. You WILL NOT get in with a 1300. Period.