Originally Posted by Anonymous
FLG has 1. Ward Melville 2. SW 3. MT Siani 4 West Islip , i agree with the top 3 but West Islip at a 4 is crazy , I think a successful season for them will be 500. They just do not have the fire power on offense to get to the next level if they do get lucky in a couple of games it will be because of there goalie ,i think Bay Shore, Northport , Riverhead are all above them . Good Luck to everyone in the upcoming season

I agree my 3 biggest issues are the placements for West Islip, Islip and SWR.

I don't think these ranking were done with a true deep dive on the teams. Seems like they reflect more of what the coaches outlined in the fall. I'm also confused how Islip and SWR will be better than some of the larger schools they are ranked over. I think the 3 A teams you mention above would be tops in league II as well.

SW, WM, MS, BS, Woge, NP, ESM, RVR, SWR, Islip, HHW, WI,

Islip and West Islip man for man are similar teams, I see Islip as the better team. Islip plays Northport (S) and Bay Shore (NL) early in the season so we will see. SWR should be ranked below ESM and maybe Hills West, Sr talent and leadership over Jr moxy.

This is all for bragging rights right now. Who will fall who will raise up, leads to some good banter among the towns.
The rankings only mean one thing, POWER POINTS. The issue will be the separation the section gives each team in power points. Leads to this question, Is there a standard separation between the rankings or is there another meeting which jerks the ranking and provides more information on power points.

11 weeks