Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Who cares about lax scholarships, they are not really that much money! Pick a great school with a team that your child has a chance of seeing the field.

Biggest help to the pocket is you are done with club lax![/quote

Why post if you are clueless. First off lax scholarships vary some being book money while others are 150-200k over the course of 4 years .Second if your child was recruited to a school they have a "chance" of seeing the field. Third maybe a player is happy to be a part of a team that is successful regardless of personal playing time.

completely agree on the above, have two daughters one started with little money and increased each year, the other started with over 50K. so please stop making these notIntelligent blanket statements

Nice story, but not buying it...anonymous website is a waste...

You would need significant academic and need based money to get to that number 99.99% of the time. Also not sure how 30-35 players share 11.6 scholarships and they all get 40-50%, hope your kids math is better than yours

Because there are a quite a few girls on the rosters that get 0. They either walk on, or their parents make so much money they don't need scholarship money and choose to allow the coaches to use it elsewhere. If only 25 of the girls are getting an average of 40% and 5-8 are getting 0 there you have it. Depends on the price of the school. Also remember the 40% of of the whole package not just tuition. A school like Hopkins, Duke, Georgetown,Northwestern can cost upwards of 80-90k for everything. Some kids may get 60-70% while others get 10-20%. Certainly not all that rare for a girl to get 40k - 50k scholarship. The parents may still be on the hook for 40-50k more.

I know some of you don't like facts and prefer to explain why your daughter only got 5% to go to Hofstra, but this is the truth.

I'm willing to bet the schools you listed have zero walk on players, but they do met all need, if you don't make a lot of money there is plenty of need based money, but please don't confuse it with scholarship money. What's included in that upwards of 90K cost of those schools? I have a kid at one of them, is there a tuition increase of 20K scheduled for next year that I wasn't told about? BTW most people with money didn't accumulate it by giving it away, I'm sure very few, if any, tell coaches that they don't want any scholarship money. That entire posts makes you sound very silly and uninformed