Originally Posted by Anonymous
being on the team and playing are two different things. Did you take playing time into account?

I do not know if they checked playing time. However, I have read on here over and over that 50% of the players will not be playing by their senior year. The posts above show very accurately that at many top programs (which is where many of the top players go) the overwhelming majority of players continue to play through their senior year. 36 of 39 were still on the roster four years later. The three players not playing stopped due to injury. The poster mentioned that at Ivy schools many only have 4 seniors on the roster. It was then pointed out that All 7 players at Princeton who came in as freshmen in 2016 are still playing now as seniors. True that at Penn there are only 4 seniors on the current roster that class started out with only 6 players not 12. Big difference going from 6 to 4 then going from 12 to 4 as the other poster would have us believe.

Who expects every player to see significant playing time. It is not PAL we are talking about the top division I teams. 30 players on the roster , obviously everyone can't start or play equal time. My guess is that 0 - 3 start as freshmen, 2 or 3 work their way into the lineup over the next few years and 1 or 2 never get much playing time in many cases due to injury.

That is significantly different then what is portrayed on this site.

Okay, just did a little checking.

12 of the Inside Lacrosse HS Top 30 Seniors for this class went to the Five schools listed. I did not check the watch list, just the Top 30.

5 to UNC
4 to Maryland
2 to BC
2 to Princeton
0 to Penn

Just about all of the 12 have done very well. I think 5 All-Americans. The Tewarraton Award Winner. I'm sure some All-Conference.

BC - 8 of the 9 players start just about every game. one player started many games. All are playing a ton.

NC - 4 of the 8 are regular starters when healthy. 2 play in most games.1 off roster injury. 1 (goalie) played 60% of the time.

MD - 7 of the 9 are regular starters. One plays in every game. One is a reserve.

Pton - 5 of the 7 would be considered starters. 1 doesn't seem to start but gets time in every game and plays a lot. 1 player was out last season due to injury.

Penn - 2 of the 6 are regular starters. 1 is a reserve player. 3 are out due to injury.

This is all before their Senior Season.

Up until this point in their careers most seam to become starters. Many others play a significant amount and only a few do not play very much and most of the time that is due to injury.

The top programs do appear to bring in between 7 and 9 recruits many of which are highly touted. These players do go on to have very good college careers and many become the top players in the game.

Sorry but I had to look for myself.

being on the team and playing are two different things. Did you take playing time into account?

I do not know if they checked playing time. However, I have read on here over and over that 50% of the players will not be playing by their senior year. The posts above show very accurately that at many top programs (which is where many of the top players go) the overwhelming majority of players continue to play through their senior year. 36 of 39 were still on the roster four years later. The three players not playing stopped due to injury. The poster mentioned that at Ivy schools many only have 4 seniors on the roster. It was then pointed out that All 7 players at Princeton who came in as freshmen in 2016 are still playing now as seniors. True that at Penn there are only 4 seniors on the current roster that class started out with only 6 players not 12. Big difference going from 6 to 4 then going from 12 to 4 as the other poster would have us believe.

Who expects every player to see significant playing time. It is not PAL we are talking about the top division I teams. 30 players on the roster , obviously everyone can't start or play equal time. My guess is that 0 - 3 start as freshmen, 2 or 3 work their way into the lineup over the next few years and 1 or 2 never get much playing time in many cases due to injury.

That is significantly different then what is portrayed on this site.

Okay, just did a little checking.

12 of the Inside Lacrosse HS Top 30 Seniors for this class went to the Five schools listed. I did not check the watch list, just the Top 30.

5 to UNC
4 to Maryland
2 to BC
2 to Princeton
0 to Penn

Just about all of the 12 have done very well. I think 5 All-Americans. The Tewarraton Award Winner. I'm sure some All-Conference.

BC - 8 of the 9 players start just about every game. one player started many games. All are playing a ton.

NC - 4 of the 8 are regular starters when healthy. 2 play in most games.1 off roster injury. 1 (goalie) played 60% of the time.

MD - 7 of the 9 are regular starters. One plays in every game. One is a reserve.

Pton - 5 of the 7 would be considered starters. 1 doesn't seem to start but gets time in every game and plays a lot. 1 player was out last season due to injury.

Penn - 2 of the 6 are regular starters. 1 is a reserve player. 3 are out due to injury.

This is all before their Senior Season.

Up until this point in their careers most seam to become starters. Many others play a significant amount and only a few do not play very much and most of the time that is due to injury.

The top programs do appear to bring in between 7 and 9 recruits many of which are highly touted. These players do go on to have very good college careers and many become the top players in the game.

Sorry but I had to look for myself.

This is why you get the clueless posters like myself responding to this nonsense. No one posts on these boards that the so called to 30 players stop playing the sport, its just some fake news you dopes like to resond to. Then you use your facts to back up the success of these kids problem is your facts are not facts at all.Lets take the top rated recruiting class of the 2015 from UNC .Of the 8, 4 are no longer with this graduating class, 1 is no longer playing . Last season 3-4 would have been considered starters ,5 of the 8 played in every game they were available for, none were named as IWLCA all americans. So yes they are successful as a group contributing to a very good program but as has been stated if you think coming into a top program as a highly ranked Inside Lacrosse player is some guarantee of playing time, AA status etc you are sadly mistaken. I am sure your " facts " are just as suspect with all the programs but honestly who wants to waste that much time looking up this nonsense.

There have been many posts on this site over the years where people insinuate that the players who go to the top programs, make UA, are recognized as a "top player" by inside lacrosse etc... Will not pan out, will never see the field, will major in basket weaving , will not be on the team in four years etc....

I have never read on here a post saying that being recognized as a top player in HS will guarantee a player anything let alone guarantee being named college AA.

I have read several posts rebutting the posts saying the top HS players will not do well in college.

You seem bent on moving the goal post with your arguments.

It looks like a few posters have layed out some facts in order to dispel some myths that have been put on this site.

I have also noticed that since some light has been shed on reality certain posters want to move the goal post.

Example : it is no longer an accomplishment or a major contribution to start and or play in every game for a top program. To some (maybe to you) anything less than First Team All American means the top HS player did not pan out.