Originally Posted by Anonymous
being on the team and playing are two different things. Did you take playing time into account?

I do not know if they checked playing time. However, I have read on here over and over that 50% of the players will not be playing by their senior year. The posts above show very accurately that at many top programs (which is where many of the top players go) the overwhelming majority of players continue to play through their senior year. 36 of 39 were still on the roster four years later. The three players not playing stopped due to injury. The poster mentioned that at Ivy schools many only have 4 seniors on the roster. It was then pointed out that All 7 players at Princeton who came in as freshmen in 2016 are still playing now as seniors. True that at Penn there are only 4 seniors on the current roster that class started out with only 6 players not 12. Big difference going from 6 to 4 then going from 12 to 4 as the other poster would have us believe.

Who expects every player to see significant playing time. It is not PAL we are talking about the top division I teams. 30 players on the roster , obviously everyone can't start or play equal time. My guess is that 0 - 3 start as freshmen, 2 or 3 work their way into the lineup over the next few years and 1 or 2 never get much playing time in many cases due to injury.

That is significantly different then what is portrayed on this site.