Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Waaa waaa waaa ... It's all politics, the players will not do well in college... None will be 1st Team All Americans (therefore they are not major contributors) other players will surpass them... bla Bla bla... The lists mean nothing, school girls is a joke, Under Armour is all political, u19 is political, Northwestern is terrible , how can a team be picked without yellow jackets... You people are insane . [/quot

I think its been stated many times on here that its simple math - 8-12 kids per class for the top 25 programs is 200+ kids, i'll bet most if not all were the best on their HS team,all state, all county, ua/Nike whatever else you want to throw in, the reality is half of them will not play any significant roll on at the college level, half the roster doesn't see the field in any meaningful way - simple math and if
your not getting money (Ivy's) or money isn't an issue they don't stay for more than two years if they're not playing - three current Ivy rosters have only 4 seniors on them.. there was plenty of buyers remorse for programs racing to get 13-14 year old kids committed before the rule change (not speculation, was told this by several coaches)

Fake News.

You are repeating the lies that are constantly posted on this site.

- "I think its been stated many times on here that its simple math - 8-12 kids per class" - Just because it has been stated many times does not make it true. -

Few if any teams bring in 12 "recruited" freshmen. The reality is 8 or 9. You may get one or two kids that get into school on their own and walk on but very few competitive teams recruit more than 8 or 9 players.

Here are the facts.

Boston College

2016: - 9 Freshmen. 27 players on the roster.
2019: - 8 Seniors. 28 players on the roster.

North Carolina

2016: - 8 Freshmen. 34 players on the roster.
2019: - 8 Seniors. 35 players on the roster.

Maryland

2016: - 9 Freshmen. 31 players on the roster.
2019: - 9 Seniors. 38 players on the roster.

Princeton

2016: - 7 Freshmen. 28 players on the roster.
2019: - 8 Seniors. 30 players on the roster.

Penn

2016: - 6 Freshmen. 27 players on the roster.
2019: - 4 Seniors. 34 players on the roster.

Some players stop playing, some get injured, some transfer, some redshirt etc.. but the vast majority continue to play.

The top 3 or 4 recruits at the top programs do in fact "pan out" and are usually the starters on the team. Not every recruit is a top player, the number 1 recruit is usually stronger than the number 8.

The top players go to the top programs, they continue to play and they do very well.

How dare you interject with truth and facts?

Seriously you both are just clueless , “ the top 3 or 4 recruits ...” is not a fact it’s your opinion . Of the final four teams this year only UNC had any of their top freshmen as starters and if you took their top 4 of that class only 1 was a starter and essentially zero freshmen top recruits started on the other final four teams .
Your other nonsense is semi factual it’s just when an uneducated poster like you see these numbers you make horribly wrong assumptions .You based your numbers on 4 class years when many of the programs you mention have a lot of players who have red shirted for various reasons so those numbers more realistically should be based on 5 class years plus you have transfers from other programs.That said the poster you are rebutting is as clueless as you ,but if you think that being ranked top 20 coming in to one of the top programs means you have a better than not chance at being a starter , think again.

Why certain people so desperately want to continue to misinform on this site is beyond me.

Also, I really can't understand why so many of you want the rest of us to believe that the "top players" (as defined by top college coaches, Inside Lacrosse, Under Armour, US Lacrosse, etc... and NOT by me or anyone else on this site) coming out of high school disappear , stop playing, ride the bench and generally do not pan out in college. "jealousy"?

* I will take your points one at a time: “ the top 3 or 4 recruits ... is not a fact it’s your opinion". No it is not my opinion. It is the college coaches opinion. Every coach has a "Depth Chart" and not all players are equal. Their (the coaches) top 3 or 4 recruits usually do pan out and become starters.

* I never said anything about last years Final Four Teams. What I said was "The top 3 or 4 recruits at the top programs do in fact "pan out" and are usually the starters on the team". I should have said "become starters on the team" they do not all start as freshmen but most do in fact become starters major contributors.

I also stated: "The top players go to the top programs, they continue to play and they do very well." I was not insinuating that they would be superstars as freshmen.

* As for your reference to "Five" classes as opposed to "Four".... My point was to illustrate that the top players at the top programs are pretty much All still playing four years later. 50% do not quit, 50% of the "Top Players" coming out of HS do not ride the bench. I will point out the reality to you in a bit.

* I stated: "Some players stop playing, some get injured, some transfer, some redshirt etc.. but the vast majority continue to play."

* Here is your quote: "but if you think that being ranked top 20 coming in to one of the top programs means you have a better than not chance at being a starter , think again".

I am not sure w
Here we go again:

- Boston College: Freshmen Class of 2016 - Eight of the Nine are still on the roster. One Player transferred to Brown and is still playing and doing very very well. All 9 are still playing.

- North Carolina: Freshmen Class of 2016 - Seven of the Eight are still on the roster. One player off roster has battled injury and illness. 7 of 8 still playing.

- Maryland: Freshmen Class of 2016 - All Nine are still on the roster. There are an additional two seniors who transferred in who are AA's. One player is RS JR. ... All 9 are still playing.

- Princeton: Freshmen Class of 2016 - All Seven are still on the roster. There is an additional Senior who came over from Field Hockey and plays both. All 7 are still playing.

- Penn: Freshmen Class of 2016 - Four of the Six are still on the roster. 4 of the 6 are still playing.

Some will carry on about having too much time on my hands... Reality is this doesn't take very long at all. I picked this class because I am very familiar with them and know most of the players off the top of my head.

As for the Teams selected, I choose them because I believe Maryland, Boston College and UNC are the top 3 "Programs" over the past few years. I used Princeton and Penn because the post I was responding to mentioned The Ivy's... and Princeton and Penn are the top Ivy programs.

You can continue to knock the Top Players and the Top Programs but you can't change the facts. You can wish ill upon players and you can try to tear them down or diminish them but the reality is that the players who are identified by the top college programs as the top players generally go on to have very successful college careers.

To make it simple for you: 36 of the 39 players from the five schools listed who were freshmen in 2016 are still playing four years later.

Don't waste your time with these people. They hate the fact that some players are recognized ahead of their daughters. They hate all the lists and All-Star teams. They hate the fact that their daughter was not offered a spot at any of the programs that you listed. They hate the fact that the majority of top players coming out of high school continue to play and do very well at the best college programs. They will continue to lie and spew their nonsense.

The facts paint a very different picture from the one painted by the haters.

36 of 39 still playing four years later.... Wow. What happened to only 50%?

How are those players doing? I assume many of them were Top 30 players as seniors in HS.