Originally Posted by Anonymous
7 NU kids little much. M$D Duke recruit is overrated and the 2020 picks are a head scratchers, also why is Shannon Smith there observing

This type of nonsense happens on all the U19 teams. It is a bunch of politics, and many of the more deserving players will be cut in favor of coaches recruits. Same happened on the boys U19. The problem lies in US Lacrosse. They cannot have coaches selecting their own players. Ridiculous and unfair!

Here's another one for you....girls taking private lessons for weeks over the summer with evaluator.... Talk about politics. Lax has always been like this. Either you get connected or don't let it bother you. It will never change.

WOW! Shame on US Lacrosse. Always has been a useless organization. “National” teams and tournaments are both a joke!

Here we go again, the jealousy bitterness and hate all over again. For years I have been listening to the same old bs from delusional parents who whine and complain about this sport. Most of the time the complaints come from parents who know very little about lacrosse or competitive athletics in general. The thing that amazes me most is how their lack of knowledge and understanding never stops them from spewing their nonsense.

109 young women were invited to the tryouts (I am sure they are all very good players) 36 were selected for the team I am also sure that those players are also very good players.

There are three 2017 players I am sure having played a year of college lacrosse gave them an advantage.

There are 17 players from the class of 2018. Eight of those players were ranked Top 40 by Inside lacrosse, were 2018 UA Senior All-Americans and now earned a spot on the US National Team. The College coaches at Duke, USC, Loyola, Princeton, Northwestern and North Carolina also think that these players are pretty darn good as well. But no, you know better it is all political and the selections are real head scratchers.

In addition to those eight players two of the other 18's were also ranked in the Top 40 by IL and they are excellent. Two others were on the IL watch list, (one of which was named 2018 UA Senior All-American and according to the announcers during the game had an incredible performance) and now they earned a spot on the US Team. Pretty good as well.

13 of the 17 players from the class of 2018 would be considered "Consensus All-Americans" but no, the know it all parents on this site know better than the people who evaluate talent for a living.

There were nine 2019's selected. Six of the nine played at UA and were also ranked by Inside Lacrosse and now made The US Team. One of the nine played at UA and another was ranked by IL. There was one player out of nine who did not play at UA and was not ranked by IL. The 2019's are headed to Notre Dame, Princeton, Penn State, Northwestern, North Carolina, Maryland, Richmond and UMass. I will take the consensus of IL, UA, USLacrosse and their future college coaches over the know nothing bitter hateful parents on this site. Six of nine IL, UA, USA.... but they aren't very good it was all based on politics.

It looks like four of six the 2020's would be considered consensus picks as they were ranked by IL, played at UA and now earned a spot on the US U19 National Team. The 20's are headed to Syracuse, UVA, Stanford, BC and one uncommitted. Pretty good.

I will take the opinions of IL, UA, the college coaches who recruited these players, the evaluators at the tryouts and most of all The Head Coach of the US U19 Women's National Team who by the way has a pretty impressive resume. The rest of you can go scratch your butt and continue to whine and complain.

USA!