Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's absolutely embarrassing that CR would do something like this. I really feel for the YJ parents as they all back pedal and squirm when asked why this is going on. They don’t want to face town teams of their own age and yet there is nothing they can do. I’m sure the YJ coaches are even embarrassed by these actions, but are forced to try to explain that they are “mixed teams.” Please!!! CR you have a great program that was built on always playing the best teams out there and now to watch you make maneuver after maneuver to avoid those same teams is painful. Shows a major kink in the armor!

Hey TG parents explain to me how of the only two pure TG teams that I saw entered in the Shamrock tournament 1 played in the B division and the other played in the 7th grade division and had 7th graders on it. Where is the outrage ,you guys are full of bs if you don't call your coaches out on this if you were so outraged when YJ was placed in age appropriate divisions by accident.PATHETIC

OK I will bite.......First of all TG did not have any teams entered into the Shamrock Shootout. There were several teams with parts of TG teams entered (with some YJ players on them as well) by daddy coaches just looking to get the girls to play some extra games. The team that played in the 7th grade division played in the correct division according to the rules 7th grade A division is for 7th grade travel clubs. The B divisions are for Town teams and travel teams that play up so a 6th grade travel team would be required to play up in the 7th grade B division no higher.

I did watch a 5th grade town team play a very talented YJ team it was in the 5th grade B division. The YJ team I believe was a 4th grade team playing where they belonged in the 5th grade B division and they lost by a goal. This is how the tournament should be. Town teams get to play against stronger travel teams (which are all star teams) that are one year younger.If the travel teams choose to play in higher bracket that is there choice.

There aren't any coaches to call out because TG is never involved in off season tournaments. YJ from my experiences against them (last year) had YJ teams play up 2 years because there wasn't as many teams playing for A & B brackets. It appears that this year YJ entered and were placed in age appropriate levels and the tournament directors corrected the mistake .

Choices then had to be made as to what divisions they were supposed to play in....I am sure some of the YJ teams had to move to the A division and some requested to be moved. Due to the number of teams registered in each division I am sure in some instances there really wasn't many options.

As this tournament grows as it has for the last couple of years the divisions will be balanced with town teams only playing up against travel clubs by choice. Travel teams will go head to head with other travel teams in the correct grade levels.

You are so full of bs it's comical. When YJ teams ie. A combined 4 5 6 grade YJ team were registered in the 6 th grade A division your TG brethren had major issues with it and in my opinion they were correct. Travel teams should play up a year in age.Now you come on hear and try to say your 7th grade age top gun team playing in the 7 th grade A division is appropriate, give me a break.Curious the town teams that consider themselves A level town teams should play travel teams of the same age , that sounds like the TG way though, keep playing those town teams at your age group.