Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's absolutely embarrassing that CR would do something like this. I really feel for the YJ parents as they all back pedal and squirm when asked why this is going on. They don’t want to face town teams of their own age and yet there is nothing they can do. I’m sure the YJ coaches are even embarrassed by these actions, but are forced to try to explain that they are “mixed teams.” Please!!! CR you have a great program that was built on always playing the best teams out there and now to watch you make maneuver after maneuver to avoid those same teams is painful. Shows a major kink in the armor!

How does that crow taste? Avoiding what teams , YJ on the girls side are the only ones supporting this local tournament, TG as usual a no show other than hand picked daddy teams some of which have non TG kids on them.
Come on...who's your daddy
Since everybody is complaining about the club teams playing down, what about the town teams bringing in kids from other districts. This happened at the Dowling Tourney last fall. I don’t think this is fair either.

Depends, if they have kids from multiple 3 or more they should play travel but in my opinion if you have neighboring programs that do not have enough kids to play on their own , I have no problem with it .Also if a kid or 2 are on the team from another town who do not have a team in , no big deal.
As an YJ parent I have to say that I’m disappointed. I was told two weeks ago that it was too late to sign my daughter up for the Shamrock Shootout this weekend. It was explained to me that since it was a makeup tournament, the rosters were set. I just received an email from a fellow YJ parent informing me that two girls were just added to the team in my daughters age group. This is totally unfair and shows what previous posters have said about favoritism towards certain groups.
True. You need to sign up for the Friends and Family plan.