Originally Posted by Anonymous
3 8th graders in my town were asked to play up to JV by the varsity coach for the first time in many years...
2 big strong kids and 1 average size player but tuff...
long story short;
one of the big kids failed the NYS standardized stregth, speed and endurance test...

so the coaches were forced to send him back to middle school level...

Your town will catch on as many other do, where the test is a formality and the players will find their way up regardless if they pass any portion of the test.

My son and 4 others were told back in December they would be moved up to JV and began working on the test. The varsity coach called me to detail the plan and explain that it was in my sons best interest for the level he is at.

Are all the boys going to make it ? in our school 1 made and 2 did not . had something to do with the puberty level .

There is a "Maturation test". There is a form for the doctor to fill out while giving a physical examination, there are forms for the JV/V coach, parent permission forms and then there is an "Athletic Profile" with specific standards for each athlete to meet. It is a process. Any good athlete could fail to meet the standards on this test.