Originally Posted by Anonymous
To the joker on the laxpwr forum with the rose colored glasses-you are full of hyperbole following the Mt's victory but stating the two soph mids as best in the country-common they are good but don't discredited yourself with dumb statements like that. Off the top of my head I'll take the 3 of the soph mids at St. A's for starters... Islip game should be a good one.

Mt Si soph mids are good, but I would take the St Ant's soph mids all day and twice on Sunday (Pun Intended), and lets not get started with the type of competition that a school like St Ants or Chaminade sees game in and game out Vs. Suffolk div 2 publics, everyone has an opinion but sorry not in the same solar system. Greenport/Mattituck/Southold - Middle Island - Sayville - Bayport , Shoreham , Westhampton ?? Just stop, enjoy the play. Statements like that are just silly and for the people who want to get into comparisons have your coach call the St Ants coach they will certainly be looking for competitive games to play next season

There is only one varisty ready soph for the Friars, in my opinion. The seniors were pushed aside (some d1 commits) to make way for those sophs to develop and pave the way for the next two years. The seniors are as good as the sophs, but when these sophs are seniors theyll be much better than the current seniors. So they invested in the future now and have two of the best attackmen around to shoulder the load. That's my view, but kinda obvious.

St A's has 2 handfuls of Middies in that Soph class that if they were in the public's would be killing it. That said, Yes, St A's went against their wait your turn mantra and jumped the shark.