Originally Posted by Anonymous
For Class A

Sect XI site ranking holds weight for the playoff picture, but it is to soon to make heads or tails of it right now. You have to have the teams cycle through at least half the games to figure out the 5-10. Top 4 will probably remain the top 4 whether or not they remain in the spot currently in.

I doubt Whitman amd Smithtown East will stay that high. Or Northport and Commack that low. West Islip moves up one.

Another battle for the last 4 spots out of 6 teams. If the bracket only takes 11 teams. Advantage teams with current ranking.
Bay Shore
Lindy
Riverhead
Sachems
Smithtown East
Whitman

Lindy is a product of their easy schedule, should get a lot of wins. Will that hurt the rankings. Riverhead is a must win. West Islip a reach. Still might be the first of that group to get in.

Whitemen high current rank will help. West Islip and Riverhead games are huge.

Riverhead will play Whitmen, should win. But Commack and Smithtown East game are big. Should take 2/3. West Islip loss hurts unless WI does damage. Should be next in.

Smithtown East is headed into Must win month thru 4/28.

Bay Shore and the Sachems won't get to play Lindy or Whitmen and that could come back to bite them. Gotta take care of business against each other and try and steal a game. Bay Shore's Commack Loss hurts unless Commack does damage. Sachem North's Northport loss hurts.

Lax Power also has an interesting rankings that I could see. Probably gives a truer picture. Maybe swap Huntington and West Islip. And Riverhead and Commack and Lindy and Bay Shore.

Not a bad year for many as the final four A teams battle it out. Preseason rank to playoffs they were some surprises, but the top 4 started and ended close to expected.

Smithtown East - started as 5, will drop around 10 (Surprise)
Commack started ranked and will remain close to 6
West Islip started ranked 7 to start, should end 5 (Should have been 5 to start)
Northport started ranked 8, remains close
Riverhead started ranked 9, remains close but higher (keep an eye on them)
Sachem started ranked 10th will end outside of the top 15 (surprise they were that high)

Bay Shore not ranked should land 7/8/9 (Should have been ranked higher to start)
Lindy not ranked will remain outside top 10 may just fall to 11

Next year I dont see much movement in the top two, Ward Melville and Smithtown West, should be the 2 every team is gunning for, but i do see a few more teams beating them than this year. undefeated will be a tough go next year, even a 2 loss season will be tough.

I do see a few teams making the 3/4/5 a closer than this year, but with different teams. I think it is now or never for Hills and Quot, I just dont see them getting past the top 2. Next year, Riverhead, Bay Shore and West Islip will be back with plenty of returning talent and Sr leadership, they will give the top 2 a run for the County. Did Riverhead find its goalie? Can Bay Shore stay healthy? Will West Islip push for a top spot? keep an eye on these teams.

Smithtown East could also be labeled in that 3/4/5 group with a tough rising Jr group and a good crop of rising Srs..

Teams 10 -14 will be a toss up Hills East, Quot, Commack, Lindy, Whitman Sachems, Huntington. All with talent on their teams.

PatMed and Floyd are limbo teams. If you are a top 10 team, with the Power points concerns, these are teams you just do not want to play.

Longwood, Middle Country, North Babylon, Brentwood and Copaigue. I am glad these schools field teams but can Sect XI come up with a better system so they do not have to play teams over their head. Playing teams 10-14 is still to much for them. Playing teams 6 -10 just shouldnt happen, these teams should be given opportunities to play outside of the division or league.

Grow the game, yes, but do it the right way.

Although this year is not over, next year looks just as good. It could be much of the same, the same top 2, then the next tier of 4 teams (but different schools), then the next tier of 3 schools. Looking forward to another good year of LI lacrosse with 10 teams who can play with anyone.