Originally Posted by Anonymous
Don't call In soccer stats, basketball stats, tennis stats, bowling stats... what is up with lax parents? Let it go, that's life. Teach your children what you believe is right. Stats will always be part of sports. I guess we should do away with Joe D's 56 game hitting streak or Babe Ruth's 60 homers, maybe we should throw away all of our Olympic athletes Personal achievements. Who cares who actually finishes first in this years NYC marathon, lets just post who finished in alphabetical order. And forget the PGA tour, let's just all have fun out there. Are you people kidding me!!!!!!!!!

There should be stats most definitely but also include ground balls and draw controls...fair?

Here is a stat they don’t report in HS. The number of shots taken. That’s great Susie scored 4 goals today. That looks real impressive in Newsday against the last ranked team in the division. But I was at that game and Susie shot the ball 18 times and forced into the defense and lost the ball over and over from dropped balls and charge calls. Worst game I have ever seen played, but it shows the same as Katie’s game in Newsday. Katie had her 4 goals against Mount Sinai on 4 for 4 shooting including the OT game winner, best game I have ever seen any girl play, ever. And that is why the stats are a joke. HS ball is irrelevant, HS stats are skewed and college coaches pay no attention. Travel teams are where all the girls get seen and recruited.

laughable, on both ends. Coaches notice and you gotta keep shooting. Offense win games defense wins championships. Ive seen very good players go 30% and win. Ill take that

You are one of the people who don't get it.