Originally Posted by Anonymous
WM.always at the pinnacle of LI teams.
As good as the Cham kids are, the team aspect seems lost - same as last year.
I think they believe their own press. Also many of the same kids with poor attitude from the football squad from a few years ago. Entitled pampered

Yes I agree Chaminade did not look like tight group and after a first half like that adjustments by coaching staff should have been made. Defense looked stiff and nonathletic at times and attacks ride was slow. WM is a better team this year and has better coaching. I am sure Coach CoachMor was not happy. I think they should play more games against Suffolk A then traveling out of state.

Same goes for St Anthony's, but go ahead plan a trip to Carolina next year. Hope those out of state games validates your self proclamations. Love to see them play top 5 or 6 LI teams.

Tell your HS. St. Anthonys several open days and flexibility on the schedule. Say what you want about the program, but if any HS on LI calls they'll play them. It's not up to then to prove anything especially since no other team on LI would go near Darien, Niscayuna, Staples, DeBarton or Yorktown in the same year. Friars do, no mater if it's an up or down year.

The catholics have a lot of flexibility to play teams from NY, CT, NJ, PA. The LI publics are restricted by sec 11-Suffolk and sec 8-Nassau as to the number of games they can play and have virtually no flexibility (typically 2 games outside the section). So, can we stop with the requests for games/matchups that should happen and that some schools are "ducking" games. Please get informed.

Exactly so when there are easily 5 teams from Suffolk A, 5 Teams from Suffolk B/C and 5 teams from Nassua that can be chosen. There are a lot of choices. The LI school will is up 1 NL to play one of the two. Don't see the issue you are referring to.

Splitting hairs for Chaminade, they could throw in another Suffolk team. Already plays w Nassua teams in Manhassett and Massapequa.

St. Anthony's no reason not to play Ward Melville in season and another Suffolk like Hills East (not as close as West but a relative home.gamenfor.either schoool). Next year would be great to see Smithtown West take on the friars. Take Syosett and Manhassett off the schedule. Add some fresh LI talent. Not like these coaches don't know who will and won't be the better teams. But go south, go take these boys on an extended trip. Good luck with that, not a gamble I'd take for their futures.