So, it's the offense, correct and the coaching, is that what you are saying? Just trying to understand, cause i looked at the stats of games and the defense seems pretty good. But the shot differential is very big in every game and Northport is on the negative side. Like the SW game, the shots were 31-9 which is ridiculous. The game was 13-1 so do the math. The goalie made 18 saves and the defense likely had the ball in their zone the bulk of the team to have so many shots on them. So yeah, I see the problem. You have an offense that doesn't know how to play together and likely that starts at the coaching level. If they are talented at the JV level, their is no reason why they shouldn't do well at the varsity level but if you aren't being coached and taught and running plays in this division, you aren't going to succeed.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
So your point about Northport being terrible, just curious but do you lay the blame purely on the coaching or the level of talent as well? This is a team that weeks before took Hills East to the limit and should have won that game but lost win 10 seconds left. Is it just the coaching or are they week all over the place?

Funny how St Anthony's will never play Smithtown or Ward Melville as a regular season NL game.

They will play anybody, the coach wants the school to be recognized as a national program. It is the public schools likely don't want to play them or there isn't enough room on the schedule. They play Yorktown, Manhasset, Syosset, Niscayuna, Staples, New Canaan, and yeah, Darien, this year alone. Have your opinion about the public school talent vs Catholic, fine it make's debates fun, but don't say "funny"like they are ducking teams.

For Some Reason, which I don't know, Suffolk Section 11 only allows 2 out of section games a year. WM played LS and Cham. WI played Farm and Pen, SW only played 1 GC. SE played MASS. SWR play GC and Pleasantville. Only a few Public's can hang with StA, I also think they the Publics don't want to expose there kids to St As if fear of losing some of there younger kids to them in the future.

I watched SW vs NPT. SW is very good and the SW/WM game is going to be awesome. NPT is terrible. JVs were undefeated 2 years in a row so you think they would be better. They are also undefeated this year. The AD should look to promote the JV Coach and send the Varsity coach down to the PAL Level.

Northport has one of the Biggest PAL Programs on Long Island. They have 2 Middle schools that usually do very well. They have 2 JV teams with their JV 1 almost always going undefeated or only losing 1 or 2 games a year. They get to Varsity and they always under preform and this year flat out stink losing 13 -1 to SW and 15-11 to Riverhead how lost to BBP. Watch them play, they don't move the ball at all. It's all 1v1 dodging/redodging, It looks like LAX from the 80's. Read this and tell me were the problem is. It's not just this year it's every year.

BTW - Their Girls teams are better but could argue they also under preform. They have graduated some of the best College players and only have 1 State Championship. This year's team is stacked with 11 D1 players. Anything short of a Suffolk, LI or State Championship will be a disappointment.