Originally Posted by Anonymous
Opening day in HS lax - how did it go? Any interesting scores? Story lines? A lot of big scoring?

Watch Newsday and girls and their parents load up those points against inferior competition. Who will be the first to put a 20 spot on a team like Copagiue. Stat padding and poor coaching

A Wheatley player put up 14 yesterday..

I heard that kid is one of the top kids in the country...needed every goal to win that tight game.

I call BS......Sure, you "heard" that kid {probably your kid} is one of the best in the country. Go ahead and pound your chest. But don't come on here and call it a close game. 17-7 is NOT a close game. That score is equivalent to a basketball game score of 68-28. If I told you the leading scorer of that blow out basketball game scored 56 of the 68 points, nobody in their right mind would say, "needed every point to win that close game".

Can just see the proud Papi at the water cooler now..." Funny you should mention the NCAA bball tournament.....my little S--I scored 14 goals yest during a HS lax game....what a talent she is....watching her run the length of the field and score 14 goals is something to see....sure she missed 10 shots too, but her teammates were cheering her every shot as they stood around!"