Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Opening day in HS lax - how did it go? Any interesting scores?
High School Lacrosse and Newsday are both irrelevant. 90% of the teams on Long Island are not competitive and 90% of the coaches on Long Island are terrible. Selfish players and their parents create problems on the field as well as the sideline. If you are fortunate enough to play for one of the 8 - 10 strong programs consider yourself lucky.

This will not sit well with many of you but... Thank God for Club Lacrosse. Club lacrosse has provided an outlet for many girls from HS programs with weak coaches to be recognized so that they will be able to pursue their passion at the next level. Every college coach that recruited my daughter said that they could care less about HS lacrosse (yes, our HS situation was discussed). They said that they understand and that they saw what they needed to see during the summer. It was my first time around so I asked a lot of questions and it became very clear to me that HS Lacrosse truly is irrelevant. Maybe if your daughter is fortunate enough to play for GC, Manhasset, Mt. Sinai, BBP, ESM, WI etc... and she has a good HS coach and a legit chance to compete it is fun and positive. For many the HS experience is not positive. It is an unfortunate reality but in the end the HS coach, the delusional parents, the selfish players, the statistics, the honors etc are all meaningless and irrelevant. We are grateful that the club experience was positive and that our daughter will attend a great school with a very competitive lacrosse program. We are optimistic and looking forward to a bright future.

Those same club girls are the ones that stat pad like crazy in HS. Why? because most of us don't know what they do on their club teams so they want to make sure the world sees.On the HS teams with weaker coaches they run wild. And Newsday does matter because they all list their HS point totals in their college bios, not their club tallies. KO from SB lists 255 goals in HS and 100 and something point season right below her tewarten nomination