Originally Posted by Anonymous
My public school is rank in top 20, if our 4 D1 seniors from last year did a PG year and where still on team we be top 5 in nation. Please don't compare rich cheating kids, to hard working on age public kids.

Might be the best post ever on this site. Most of these top schools are loaded with kids that are nearly 20 years old or will be 20 by season end. They've been recruited to play at these schools from all over the country and Canada. LI publics on this list are made up of kids from one small town. Not even are remotely close apples to apples comparison.

Your exactly correct. It's not about comparing individual talent, the overall recruiting numbers are proof of that. Those private and catholic teams are what they are because of all the reasons you stated (heavy recruitment, Pg's, geography etc.) Taking that into account however, those teams absolutely play the game at a different level than the average Long Island high school team, and well they should. Watch a game and there is no comparison, except of course for the top few LI teams. When people on here start making ridiculous statements that the teams on the list do not come to Long Island in fear of being upset I HIGHLY doubt that is the reason.

Just so everyone is aware a Public school by law can not play schools that have PG's in the program this is a fact . But in all honesty public schools form where ever can not compete with the Elite Prep Schools that is a fact because ONE they recruit and two they all have the oldest kids on the field . Why do you think all the top D1 teams take prep kids first because the are gaining an extra year of physical growth . Just enjoy your HS experience with your son and don't worry what other teams outside your sons league is doing ... Good Luck this Season to all ...

Couldn’t have said it better. There is no comparison and these prep schools should have their own ranking.

True. I'd rather have my son get great grades and go IVY, than paying 55k for a PG program so he can sit the bench on DUKE.