Originally Posted by Anonymous
Believe whatever you need to, but look at the early recruits in your daughters grade or any other class and you will see those dreaded ball hogs are at the top of the list

My daughter is a 2019. Know most of the top girls. Looking at the IL list I would say that is not true. Of course there are a few. But most are amazing players that make the players around them better. In a few cases, their #1 strengths are great passing. I would say of the top 20, at most 3 or 4 would be considered ball hoggish. So I think you're wrong.

And of the commits where my daughter is attending, which I think most would consider a top program, there is not one I would consider a ball
hog.[/quote]

Exactly, I am familiar with the some of the older classes (16's, 18's and to some degree the 17's). The majority of the best players in each class do a lot more than score goals.The problem is that many of the parents of players who are not on IL's list and were not top recruits think the only way to get on the list is to score a lot of goals. They do not value other aspects of the game. In my experience, the best college programs recruit athletes and complete players who hustle and do many things well. Some happen to be big time goal scorers but that is not all they do. [/quote]

Two most underrated (by most parents) attributes of highly recruited players are field vision and off-ball IQ. Parents don't notice the girl who makes a great clear through at exactly the right time which allows the girl with the ball an easy drive to net. Coaches do.
[/quote]

Get over yourself ,”makes a great clear through” is funny enough , “at exactly the right time “ just makes it better. Call this bragging or whatever but my kid was a top 10 ranked recruit ( I think the rankings are nonsense) and could have gone wherever. The reason why in my opinion are she was athletic, aggressive , and a bit of a ball hog .Is what it is but if you don’t think a lot of the top recruits are the alphas and could care less about clearing through so some other kid can score you are just not paying attention.They want kids who put it in the back of th net.