Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
JS Quote in USLavrosse Magazine:
Stony Brook "will operate as a complete outfit with each position complementing the other. It is about finally putting together a complete picture."

I did not notice him saying our girls are going to be selfish and play as individuals.

What did you expect him to say? I'm going to ride KO as far as she will take us?

Bottom line regarding "selfish" play is that those are the kids the college coaches recruit first, it's a lot easier to adjust an overly aggressive player to your system than vis-versa. Camps. clinics and games all the coaches want to see is the kid that will run through a wall to get it done, those tend to be the "selfish" players described in this thread. I'm not saying it's the right way to go, but if it's about getting into a school with a top program, those kids are the first to get recruited. Unfortunately, too many parents think their kid is the one and are mistaken, but for the legit players they will be rewarded with offers from all the top programs and they could care less about your kids HS experience with the ball hog.

This is why we have the problem with selfish play. Many parents who do not know what they are talking about tell (coach) their kids to "go to goal" because they believe that is what college coaches look at. They do not understand the game and they believe as stated in the post above that college coaches look for selfish players first. Not true at all.