Originally Posted by Anonymous
The value is that your son plays against better competition in practices, games, and tournaments in comparison to the other clubs in NoVA which typically have inferior talent and play much weaker competition.

True when it comes to Cav or Top Caliber. Not true when it comes to VLC.

Well once again VLC can only be 20 kids or so correct. and Black wolf can only be 20 kids or so. Then you have Madlax so even if you put these other two above Madlax which I do not for every level. But if you do Madlax is still a top three program and the others are way behind these three programs they really are. Those great Cavs teams at the younger ages will be losing there best players to these three clubs listed.

Time will tell but CAV 2023 will test your theory. This is the only team in NOVA ranked by IL and they have never lost to VLC. This is a tight group of kids that will stick together. Right now they are the top team in N.VA The landscape is always changing. Club lacrosse is only about 10-12 years old in NOVA.

Well if those kids stay and they are as good as you say they are it will be a great injustice to those really good players on that team. Because the CAVs have not ever been invited to a real high school tournament in the history of the program. If 2023 really does have any D1 kids on this team it will be really hard from them to make D1 unless those parents pay for extra Showcases and Prospect days. Here is how you test this theory pick whatever top notch program you would like Crabs,LI Express, Madlax, Blackwolf, and the several others. Now go to the high school teams websites and look at the summer schedule of where they will be playing. Now log onto the Cavs page and look at the high school teams schedule. if any of them match I will be shocked because I have had 2 high school sons and I have never once seen a CAVs high school team play in a top notch high school tournament. I have always like the team and coaches for the CAVs but they do not get into the top places to be seen.

I do not even need to go the the website to tell you Cav's has players committed to Army, Towson, HPU many not the numbers of the other programs yet but they have players playing and committed to D1 programs

Well sir keep reading my full post. I can promise you those kids 1 played at a top private school "PVI" , 2 spent lots of time and money doing showcases and prospect days. Yes it can be done but its a lot harder road.