Originally Posted by Anonymous
We played Madlax awhile back. Kid is now in college. Nobody cares if one team out of the dozens of teams madlax has is coached by a dad, and it's even less relevant if that dad is the owner.
Madlax has a dad coaching his own son. Part of the reason kids have left that team.

I laugh at this because I used to bash teams for the Dad coaches and everyone bashed me saying as long as the Dad is a good coach its not a big deal. But now that Madlax has a Dad coaching a team everyone is going nuts about it. What year team is this dad coaching? Let me know if he is coaching a high school age team then we can get all worked up. But I am pretty sure he is coaching a youth/middle school age team. And with the new Sept 1st rule pushing back the college looks its not a big deal this dad is coaching.

Nothing like "daddy ball" on a 7th or 8th grade travel club team. Rec is understandable, not a high level travel squad.

The bigger issues are the outdated and over coached offensive schemes that MadLax runs. It's predominantly iso-based with the coach barking out every individual iso and movement as though he has a joystick. The reason one kid left is because the offense was so scripted and didn't allow kids to just play and attack the cage.

Haha. Right. Lots of teams start out with an iso to try to draw a slide, then it's ball movement. I wouldn't say that is an outdated schema. You are misinformed, Dad.

Also I have heard the logic behind this style of O they run allows for the kids to showcase themselves for the recruiters the best. The college coach wants to see your talent not a step by step football play that if practiced for hours can trick a D. This might win you a extra game or two but is this best for your sons skill development and college looks? Just compared it to Basketball. Do you want to see a kid dribble past a guy with a crossover then hit a cutter in full stride? Or do you want to see the team make 5 scripted picks and movements and have a guy come wide open? Yes this wins games but as a college coach watching can you tell what kid can play at the next level?