Originally Posted by Anonymous
Port’s 8-7 win was in fact a beat down! Obviously you weren’t at the game. Looked like Varsity playing a 5th grade team. Score doesn’t always reflect what happened on the field.

It my not in a 10-3 game because there were a few late goals or or a bad 5 minutes that spread the score. But it does in an 8-7 game. one goal is one goal

I happened to have been at that game, as a friend's son played for LV - LV had more possession and shot wide of the net about a dozen and half times - if just a handful of those shots had been on net, LV wins that game, and that's in addition to the PW G standing on his head. And yes, the LV G was equally as good, but h e didn't face nearly the number of shots. Also thrown into the mix is that LV did all of that w/ no FOGO, and when I say no FOGO, I mean none. They didn't even have a guy at the X that was average! That turned out to be their problem later in the brackets as they could score and play D with anyone, but they couldn't win faceoffs and didn't possess the ball enough.

Wow - i cant even remember either of my sons game in this detail, and you remember it about a friends kids game.. you are good my friend, you are good. Have A Merry Christmas you filthy animals.