FL
Penn State

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Only 5 of the 25 teams have any shot at winning a national championship.

and they would be...

That’s a silly statement given they way last year played out and with a lot of frosh playing major roles this year. I saw a team not on the list play 2 of these top 10 teams pretty even at a tourney this fall. Doesn’t mean they even deserve to be top 25, but it’s more open than 5. It’s probably more than 10 depending on injuries.

No chance .I would easily take UNC and Maryland against the field .

Unfortunately I have to agree with this. If they stay healthy, I think Northwestern has an outside chance. They have some firepower upfront w Lasota, Stroup, Kinna (3 Canadian National Team players) and Fredericks. Fredericks on the draw is a magician. Nesselbush is back from knee injury. They are strong on the back end with Quinn, Mueller & Copeland. It may come down to whether they get consistent play out Weiss in goal. But if they can avoid major injuries, which have crushed them the last few years, they have a punchers chance.

I would say that there are a few more teams that could make it to the Final Four. Take a look at last year:

These games were all very close and could have gone either way

Stony Brook - Maryland
Princeton - Penn State
Penn - Navy
North Carolina - Navy

Navy, a team that could have been knocked out by Penn in the first round could have easily been in the finals.

This year the following have a legit chance to get to the Final Four

Maryland
North Carolina
Florida
Northwestern
Stony Brook
Boston College
Princeton
Syracuse
Penn State
USC
Penn
Navy

Also, Duke is ranked pretty low. They might be able to surprise some teams.

Seeding is very important. Would Navy have made it to the Final Four if they had played Maryland in round 1?

We all know who the favorites are but there are others who can make it to the Final Four.

Exactly. FYI Lehigh was up 9-8 on Navy with 5 to go in Patriot league semis and a great ending started Navy’s run. These girls are a lot closer than you think and I’ve seen first hand especially this fall at my daughter’s tournaments. 10 teams have legit shots. Don’t discount home field and SB looks real determined. PSU is Down is down tad my eyes.