Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think that you all are way too caught up on wins and losses to judge a program. I think that SW's, M & D and Hero's are probably pretty even in club level. Maybe M & D beats sky walkers and than hero's beats M & D but they are all close games in general. Your talking about some of the best clubs in the northeast and maybe in the country. All these clubs are going to get your daughter to division 1 schools if they work hard. Actually a majority of clubs in MD are sending recruits to division 1 schools.

I personally have 2 daughters in the SW program 2023 and a 2021 and say overall we are pretty happy. We have had our good coaches and bad coaches for sure. Over the last 4 years I have seen players leave and players come. It's not for everybody.

As for comments about Mike. From the outside looking in Mike can look like a crazy guy sometimes. In reality what he says is usually right on, maybe not put the best way though. I personally thinks he really cares for all the girls in the program. I haven't been exposed to too many coaches and directors that personally call the kids to talk to them about their play and about tryouts. As for the hugs that is Mike. There is nothing creepy about it at all. Just reminds me of a grand father type. He is like 60 some years old so come on. Take it for what it is worth. Both my girls have played high level soccer also and we have left soccer programs because of nasty coaching. I don't see Mike like that at all and both my girls like him a lot. I even just asked them and they both comment that they think he is funny. Hey maybe my kids have a crazy sense of humor. When my kid gets yelled at and told "do you want me to go get a chair for you because that is how fast your running": or " my dead mother runs faster" I don't take it personally. Some parents do. I tell my kid you better run faster next time. You think a college coach is going to do that? Probably not, no they are just going to sit on the bench. If your a helicopter parent meaning every time your kid gets yelled at you need to get involved than SW's is not for you.

The other comments about girls getting run to death is all about your prospective. It's lacrosse which has a lot of running in it, right?? So if you can't handle some hill sprints and Maryland runs than division 1 lacrosse might not be what is best for you or your daughter. Wait till they get to college and are doing sprints up those stadium steps. Again Division 1 training is what they are getting. Not every kid wants to play division 1.

As far as teaching girls to play dirty. Personally have never seen it in the teams my daughters have played for. I have seen aggressive play for sure and some bad checks now and than but that is it. I think parents always thinks it is a bad call or dirty when it is against their team. I have seen mostly the opposite from coaches. Calling out girls making bad checks.

I personally am happy that my girls have the opportunity to play lacrosse at a high level and I think most of these programs are pretty good. If for one minute I thought my kids were not getting the good training I would be gone in a second. Both of my girls are good enough to walk on another high level club team. So we are not afraid to leave if we had too but we have no reason to leave SW's. I also would be happy for my kids to play at a M & D or a Hero's team etc... As long as the training is good and the coaching is good that is what matters. Wins and loses mean nothing to getting these girls recruited. College coaches come to these programs to see these kids because of the programs not because of wins and loses.

Well said.