Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is not a waste of time, it's just not the best use of time if the goal is to constantly improve.

My kids will play for their JHS Team even though it will be a step back.

If your child is playing for one of the stronger clubs "A" team there is a very good chance that both the coaching and players will be better on the club team.

If you choose not to play for your MS / JHS team just remember that your child can still experience all that is positive about participating in a Team Sport.

The "Town / MS / JHS" only proponents do not have all rights reserved.

Try being a little humble. Your son may be the next Paul Rabil, but maybe, just maybe he's just another kid that is a good lax player on an A club team. Trust me when I say a lot will happen between MS and HS. Kids who are superstars in MS sometimes become just another player by the time HS rolls around. You need to keep that in mind before you make a hasty decision to not play MS lax. Most HS coaches will remember you thumbing your nose at the program. If your son remains a superstar in won't matter. However, if the talent levels out by the time HS comes around (which it usually does) your son could be in a really bad situation. A HS coach who remembers you were TOO good for us....