Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Grand larceny; auto stolen Dec. 8th. Have heard of other items being taken from cars. Understand this is a thread on 2020 however, was resoponging to a comment on how "outstanding" a facility the hub was, simply pointing out facts that would deter me from using the word outstanding. Again it is nice, but not outstanding. Comment also made on "better" competition there so was simply pointing out looking at MS division not so sure it is the place to play for the best as the original poster was stating.

http://syosset.patch.com/articles/crime-report-shoppers-targeted-more-burglaries-reported-9c259152

Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Facility at the hub is ok, not outstanding. Parking is an issue, many thefts from cars outside. Fields play 9v9 but are still narrow, better suited for 7v7. Teams are ok not superb. Look at MS division results. How about just using indoor time to work on skills and scrimmage each other??
The Hub facility is an outstanding indoor destination particularly when compared with other options. We would be interested in your definition of "many thefts" since there do not seem to be police reports from Syosset supporting your view.

This discussion thread is talking about the 2020 bracket, not the Middle School competition. Can we stay on topic regarding the age group being discussed?

As for using the Hub for indoor skills training, that is completely possible - call them for indoor rental times. That is not a substitute for the games, but would a great option for your team to pursue group training.

Not loving the Hub either. I know of no crimes <knock wood>, and the facility is so new it has "new building" smell, but the fields are too small for 9v9. The parking is bad, the spaces are so small anything bigger than a mid-size is on, or over, the line. That said, there is not one indoor facility I actually like. They are a necessary winter evil. At least the Hub has the heat on, unlike Southbay where I really don't think they keep their thermostat above 40. Sorry, 2020, for the threadjack.

Perfect example of parents having a totally different perspective. Ask your daughter how she likes playing a the hub. Ask the caches who have teams playing in the hub how they like it. The facility is awesome. Is the parking tight - yes it is. However, please name a better facility that is more centrally located.