Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think you are all missing the point. I brought my son down there and for us it was a opportunity to spend time together in Florida in January and expose him to a competetive tryout environment. Unless your insane or psychotic you realize that this camp isnt about getting your son recruited. The talent down there was top notch, the camp was very well run and the lacrosse was a pleasure to watch. Like every other competetive travel sport, camps and clinics cost money. Its up to the individual parent and player to decide if its worth the time and money. For me this camp was worth it for the experience alone, I think its something my son got a lot out of, and I wouldnt hesitate to do it again next year.

Its great to hear you and your son had such a positive experience. Although I am neither insane nor psychotic you would have to be ignorant if you didn't think playing well and getting an invite to the summer camp is not one of the first steps to being recruited. Do you really think the coaches/ evaluators won't go back to their buddies who coach college lacrosse and give them color on who the best kids were?

My son played really well and I think he has a good shot at getting invited to the summer camp. However I dont think college coaches really care about 8th graders right now. It may be a way to get on the "radar" but nothing more.

When is the summer camp?