Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
People go crazy when the question is asked who the best 2018 or 2017 teams are. Let the girls play, they are 5th graders!
Some of the best 8th grade Lax girls now were D1 soccer players first and foremost in 5th grade and just started playing lax in 5th grade!

At that age most of the talented girls are not even playing on the town teams anymore. Some PAL teams keep together and can mop up on the rest of what's left to play against, but many of the girls have moved on to travel, school and other tournament teams leaving the fustrations of town ball far behind. I made my older girls stick through the PAL to the end, but will not with my youngest. I'm sure each town is a different story, but anyway you slice it, the competition is way watered down, even the strong teams have many girls who have no ides how to defend or even catch the ball. It is a great introduction league, but the time certainly comes when you need to move on.
in 7th grade other than school ball and summer travel there is nothing else but lisgyll if you want to play in the spring. most girls will continue to play and the weaker players will stay on pal team or stop playing