Originally Posted by Anonymous
DC Express, FCA, Hawks, Dukes are all better options now for the kids... those programs are more fun and Crabs is just an angry and bitter brand. People are sick of that mob mentality at crabs- we are. Kids like to play other sports in winter and fall and play with different friends. Crabs is going to need to loosen the reigns and change to remain relevant. I hope they do. The other NLF teams all are sick of them too. Just ask. Since most teams in Baltimore have older kids now, the crabs can't win that way. NY teams still kick their butts with younger kids. Its a family-world out there now and crabs tyranny isn't welcomed. Im sorry they get bashed on here on so much because they could be better if they lead the sport rather than work to tear others down.

If having "fun with friends" and popping in and out at will for other obligations is your priority, that is what rec ball is for.

I have no affiliation with the Crab's, but my son was on a club who had parents that felt the same way as you. It left the team high and dry on many occasions.

I have no problem with kids wanting to play with friends, do other sports, skip practice here or there to ride their bikes and do other activities. But again, that is a rec ball type mentality. At the Elite level of any sport, not just Lacrosse. You're expected to dedicate yourself to that sport/club and give it priority.