Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Will be very hard to get on to TG 2023 Black. They have a solid team already. A couple of the bottom girls need to go, and I would expect a few YJ players could be taking their place after seeing all the negative comments about that team.

2023 age group on LI is weak across the board and no one team can separate. TG, YJ, Igloo all have teams about the same level. If your daughter can make the top team, I would stick to TG or YJ, both have a good name and are respected by the college coaches down the road. If you read these threads, parents are all caught up on who beat who by one goal at this tournament or that. None of that matters to recruiting and the college coaches certainly will never know or care about any of it. What they do know is that the top players from top clubs kick butt. From LI, YJ tops that list for sure, TG does well each year with some very good players as well along with Elevate and Liberty. Igloo? LEGG E Cee? As you get out on these fringe teams you will likely only see the top couple players garner interest. The other famous quote on this thread is Coaches recruit players, it doesn't matter what team they play on. I disagree, it matters greatly.

It matters if your daughter really isn't a quality player, and doesn't get on he field much. Which often happens a YJ. Then the director has to tell the college they are good, cause they never get a chance to see them.