Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is not true if you name is Matt?? Matt Rambo, Matt Ward, Matt Cavanaugh, all under 6' all the best player in college lax in the years they led their teams. There is also a starting 5'7" attack for OSU. The key is shorter players learn how to play v. taller bigger players. Evidence does not suggest you need to be over 6' to be a great lax player. Work on you quickness, toughness, and most of all hit the wall!

So- there might be 1 on a team.... awesome- good luck.

I'm looking for a 5'9 D pole. Said no coach ever.
Maybe an attack man or FOGO can get away with being smaller stature but come on, size is a factor. So is speed and quickness.
There are many exceptions, however, I think what the OP is getting at is puberty will change the game. I agree. Kids you've never heard of or seen play at a high level will literally come from nowhere and dominate. It is fun to see. What's even more fun is watching how the 6th grade superstar reacts to it. Does he elevate his game? Does he go to another team because he's not the man anymore? Does his daddy start bashing the organization and coaches because little Johnny isn't getting his PT or touches? It is very fun to watch.
No matter what, if you're on top as a 6th grader or on the third line of middies, hard work will be needed.