Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Regardless, still an acomplishment if you are considered in the top 50 out of several hundred on long island in the grade. I'll take a team with 26-50 from Long Island against any "A" team from elsewhere in the country any day. Congrats to everybody who made either team. There are plenty of disappointed really good players who did not make the "B" team. Quite an accomplishment to make either team. [/

Have to diasagree with you here. Although there are some very good players on both teams, these are not the top 50 players on Long Island at the age group. How they decided to put any players on the team other than 2017 kids is way beyond me with the talent level that was out there. Clearly favors were done so for some its less of an accomplishment than you think. I guess thats always going to the case with these things.

Anybody who knows the 2018s on the team also knows that they are as good if not better than most 2017s. They belong, so just get over it.

OK, lets not get crazy!! I agree the previous poster should get over it but, the "if not better than most 2017s" comment is a little far fetched!

Is it possible that they ARE good, the 2017 crew? Turtles, 91, Express, fl$, etc.? NAH! Some guy said they were all favors. Nuff said! (too much holiday cheer?)

Maybe I dont understand but are you saying that there are enough 2017 players on those teams to have filled the roster rather than do favors or go by a last name or team affiliation and put a 2018 player on the team. If thats what your saying I agree. Look at the goalie position. Had to be said sorry.

I think the general tone of the discussion is that there were enough extremely talented players at the 2017 age group to make two very good teams. The 2018 kids will have their chance next year.

Its not like they have 30 on the roster and gave out 4 favors that wouldn't hurt the team. Top to bottom they went with the best players that would give them the best chance of competing. Why would they purposely weaken the team and hurt the teams ability to compete? Sending a seriously deficient team would just de-legitimize and embarass the organization and hurt the program's credibility and long term prosperity. They are smarter than that and I'm sure not willing to sacrifice the long term good of the program for any supposed short term favors. Sorry, your acusations just don't hold water. Period, end of story.

First off, if you were at the tryout you would know what everyone is talking about. Secondly, if you think that favors arent done and phone calls arent made,you are being naive. Noone said the team wouldnt be competetive, but the disparity between the North team and the South team is noticeable. The fact that they put younger kids on the South team given the depth of the talent at the 2017 age group is curious. All credit to those younger kids that made it, however I do think some very good players were overlooked.